This morning Jon had a meeting in Salt Lake that he left at 5:00 am for. He rode the Harley down in the freezing cold weather. Crazy I know but he is trying to get as many rides as possible in before it snows. This is my first morning without help and I had to get myself ready, wake Gage up and feed and dress him, and take care of the puppies. I know I should have woken up earlier than 5:40 am but I just wanted to sleep! I got myself ready....really I just threw clothes on, brushed my teeth, and pulled my hair back. I'm not the most professional looking today. I got Gage up at 6:00 and played with him a little before getting my lunch ready for the day. I let the dogs out at 6:15 because they were prancing around. At 6:30 I was so proud of myself for having everything done on time and we were ready to go!
Until...
I went outside and was about to put Gage in the car and I saw Leppy come prancing around from the front yard. I about lost it! "What are you doing out front!" I turned and looked....Jon had left the gate wide open from getting his Harley out. The dogs have been running wild for the last 15 minutes. I was so mad. I put baby Gage down in his car seat and tried rounding up the herd. Frankie is our obiedient dog for the most part and he was already in the back yard. I got Leppy out back and locked the gate. Now I had to get the problem child in as well. Of course Duchess wasn't going to be easy to catch. She ran down the street and I had no idea where she went. It was pitch black and she blends in really well. By this time Gage is crying, I feel like throwing something, and I just need to get to work! I called Jon and griped to him for a minute and the next minute I turned around and there was Duchess....looking at me like she's been waiting for ME to let HER in. Ugh. Needless to say, I stink, look horrible, I'm hungry, and a bit cranky. But it will all be worth it when I get home and can cuddle my little guy. Only five hours to go.... :)
1 comment:
Sorry this made such a crummy day for you, but I couldn't help laughing at the story!
Post a Comment