I believe in God...I believe in Heaven...and I believe I will see my loved ones again after they've passed on from this life. It's just been very long hard process for me to be okay with all of that.
People always assume that because I don't go to church that means I'm not a spiritual person. They're wrong. I don't believe you have to go to church every Sunday in order for God to welcome you as one of his children. Nor do I believe that there is a right or wrong way to worship. Jon and I agree on many things when it comes to being a Christian and we disagree as well. It's part of the territory I guess. One of the things we agree on is that there is a God and the stories from the Bible are true. We question a lot things, but so do religious scholars from all over the globe. It's been hard growing up in a community of a predominant religion, but I think that's also helped me understand what I believe. I appreciate all those Sunday's that I went to church with my grandma...especially because I got to eat all those delicious snacks while Grandma drank her coffee and laughed with her friends. She was the one who started the foundation of my beliefs and it's through her that I will always believe in God.

I love you Grandma Olson! I will see you again someday...and I'll finally be able to meet Grandpa. :)
3 comments:
Your grandma sounds like she was a fun woman :) it sounds like the passing of your grandma tested you in a lot of ways, but I bet she's smiling on you and is proud.
Yes she watches all of you very closely. She love all of you very much and she is in heaven watching us grow and experience life.. I love you Cristy and no more than ever i am very proud of you. 9 years on the 20th of this month she left us to watch from heaven and guide us along the way. I miss my mommy but will see her again..
Mommy
Cristy, I'm so glad you've been able to fit the pieces of your puzzle together and therefore find some peace. I, too, know that life goes on beyond this mortal sphere. I'm sure that our loved ones who have passed on are aware of us and continue to influence us. And, although you and I choose different paths of worship, I also believe that we are God's children and that He loves us...both of us and even those who don't recognize Him in their lives. And, just for the record, I know that you are a spiritual person. I'm so glad you chose to marry my son!
Post a Comment