Cuter than Cute

Cuter than Cute

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day Two---Lost In Translation


Everyone who has lived in Utah knows the absolute value of the mountains. Not only are they majestically beautiful but they also help with our sense of direction. They are my compass! When I'm told to go North I immediately think of where that is in terms of the mountains.

But coming to North Carolina, where there are no mountains at all, has given me quite a wake up call. After I got my rental car I tried figuring out the map they gave me but of course it wasn't as specific as I needed it to be. It didn't even have a "you are here" star. ;)

The day was cloudy and I didn't know where the sun was so I couldn't even judge my direction by that. I wandered around aimlessly for 2 hours before somehow making my way back to my hotel. I love that I'm extremely idiotic and I really don't care. It was a fun day for me and even though I didn't get to do ANYTHING fun that I wanted to do, I still passed the day away relaxing and that was the whole point. :)

No comments: