This week has definitely sucked. We're both trying to wrap our brains around this whole thing still...not sure we'll ever be able to fully. But, we can always find hilarity. Jon and I leave the dogs outside 85% of the time now that it's summer time. When we let them out Duchess lately always runs straight back behind the garage or shed. We just thought it was because she likes to pester the neighbors behind us. Jon found out otherwise today. He was pulling out of the driveway this morning to go to work and all of a sudden there is Duchess sitting by his truck. I think she was telling him, "Goodbye dad have a great day!" Jon was puzzled so he took her back in the yard and then decided to look behind the shed to see how she got out. Duchess had dug 4 holes convieniently placed so we couldn't see them. That little dog is too smart for her own good! So Jon placed wood over the holes and turned the electric fence on. Hopefully that keeps her in. God only knows how long she's been getting in and out!
Jon and I got a good chuckle out of that this morning. It feels good to laugh when you feel like crying all the time. If we have more fun like this to keep us going we just might make it through this. :)
4 comments:
I'm confident you'll make it through! I hope you will soon look back on this experience and know for sure his appendicitis was a blessing in disguise.
<3
Kim and I have kept you both in our prayers, and we both hurt for you. Keep up the laughing and the hoping. Sometimes blessings and trials come in cycles, but other times, it seems like everything hits at once and all you can do is just hang on. We love you both!
All of us are praying everyday for both of you, as well, and we are ready to help in anyway. For example, if three dogs is fun just think how much fun FIVE dogs would be... we would even be willing to give you OUR dogs!!! ;-) Ha Ha Seriously, anything you need let us know! Love You!
Or for more hilarity, maybe Randy and Carissa would be willing to take your dogs & then video the resulting disasters! We, too, are confident you'll make it through this. The road may be rocky, but you'll make it! You're constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I read once that the way through hard times is just to put your head down and plow ahead...like in football. I've tried it and it works. Lots of love coming your way.
Post a Comment